Light, fresh, and tastes like spring! Plenty of crunch mixed with chewy, and tossed with a wildly flavorful and fruity vinaigrette that you’ll be pouring on everything. Not to mention, it’s even better the next day.
Spring Pea Chicken SaladPrint
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 14 minutes
Total Time: 39 minutes
Servings: 4 people
- 2 pkg ButcherBox Chicken Breast, bnls/sknls
- 1 bottle white wine
- 10 sprigs fresh thyme
- ½ c butter
- 12 oz fresh peas blanched
- 8 oz sugar snap peas blanched
- 8 oz pea shoots
- ½ c dried apricots sliced
- ½ c toasted sliced almonds
- ⅓ c white balsamic vinegar
preferred Blenheim Apricot White Balsamic from Salt & Olive
- ½ shallot roughly chopped
- 1 tsp thyme roughly chopped
- ¾ c avocado oil
- 12 whole dried apricots roughly chopped
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Place boneless skinless chicken breasts in a large saucepan with wine, butter and thyme.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes, or until meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken reads 165°F.
- Remove chicken from poaching liquid, and let rest for 15 minutes, then shred.
- For the vinaigrette, place balsamic, shallot, thyme, apricots, salt and pepper in food processor and pulse until apricots are finely chopped.
- With the food processor on low speed, add avocado oil in a slow, steady drizzle.
- Toss all ingredients in salad bowl with vinaigrette and enjoy! For added flavor, make chicken and vinaigrette 1 day in advance, and dress cooked shredded chicken with ¼ cup of vinaigrette.
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!