Last Updated on August 29, 2022
A fruity dressing ties this mayo-free chicken salad together. It offers tones of light, fresh crunch from sugar snap peas, chewy apricots, and shredded chicken.
Spring Pea Chicken SaladPrint
Servings: 4 people
- 2 pkg ButcherBox Chicken Breast, bnls/sknls
- 1 bottle white wine
- 10 sprigs fresh thyme
- ½ c butter
- 12 oz fresh peas blanched
- 8 oz sugar snap peas blanched
- 8 oz pea shoots
- ½ c dried apricots sliced
- ½ c toasted sliced almonds
- ⅓ c white balsamic vinegar
preferred Blenheim Apricot White Balsamic from Salt & Olive
- ½ shallot roughly chopped
- 1 tsp thyme roughly chopped
- ¾ c avocado oil
- 12 whole dried apricots roughly chopped
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Place boneless skinless chicken breasts in a large saucepan with wine, butter and thyme.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes, or until meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken reads 165°F.
- Remove chicken from poaching liquid, and let rest for 15 minutes, then shred.
- For the vinaigrette, place balsamic, shallot, thyme, apricots, salt and pepper in food processor and pulse until apricots are finely chopped.
- With the food processor on low speed, add avocado oil in a slow, steady drizzle.
- Toss all ingredients in salad bowl with vinaigrette and enjoy! For added flavor, make chicken and vinaigrette 1 day in advance, and dress cooked shredded chicken with ¼ cup of vinaigrette.
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!
Emilie Abijanac is a graduate of New England Culinary Institute with over 20 years of catering experience in Boston. Emilie was the Sous Chef for East Meets West Catering and has worked with Kate’s Table and La Fête. Emilie was also the culinary director of ButcherBox.