Last Updated on August 29, 2022
Bacon and filet mignon is a classic combination, and this dish brings the flavors together with a slow-braised cabbage infused with smoky bacon, sweet apple cider, and tangy cider vinegar.
Pepper-Crusted Filet with Bacon Cider Braised Red CabbagePrint
Servings: 2 people
- 2 ea ButcherBox Filet Mignons
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Bacon roughly chopped
- 1 medium onion julienned
- 1 small red cabbage cored and shredded
- 1 c apple cider
- ½ c cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp ghee
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place Dutch oven on medium heat and add bacon. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add onions and cabbage and cook 5 more minutes.
- Add cider and cider vinegar and bring to simmer. Cover and place in oven for 1½ hours or until cabbage is tender.
- Place coarse ground pepper on plate. Season filets on all sides with kosher salt and press one side of filet firmly onto pepper until well coated.
- Preheat cast-iron pan, add ghee and sear filet, pepper side first for 2 minutes. Sear all remaining sides, 2 minutes per side and place in oven to finish cooking. Remove when thermometer inserted into thickest part reads 125°F. Let rest 8 minutes before serving.
- Slice filet and serve over bacon braised cabbage. Enjoy!
Share on Pinterest!Pin at @Butcher_Box!
Yankel Polak is the Head Chef at ButcherBox.