Last Updated on November 28, 2022
- 2 ButcherBox boneless pork chops (cut into thin strips, about 1/3-inch thick)
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp dry sherry (or Chinese rice wine)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp dry sherry (or Chinese rice wine)
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp cornstartch
- 1 tsp chili garlic paste (optional)
- 2-3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 10 oz green beans (cut in 1-inch lengths, about 3 cups)
- 1/2 onion (sliced thin)
- 1 red bell pepper (seeded and cut into narrow, 1-inch strips)
- 2 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- In a medium bowl, combine the sliced pork, cornstarch, soy sauce and dry sherry. Stir to evenly coat, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes, and up to 1 hour.
- To make the sauce, combine all ingredients in a small bowl, stir to combine. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat until hot, add 2 teaspoons oil, swirling to coat the pan. Add the pork and cook, stirring occasionally until browned and no longer pink, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the same pan. Add the green beans, cook, stirring occasionally until beans are tender-crisp about5 minutes. The edges will begin to brown. Transfer the beans to the same bowl as the pork.
- If there is no longer any oil in the pan, add 1 teaspoon of oil, swirling to coat the pan. Add the red bell peppers and onions, stirring occasionally until tender, about 3 minutes and the edges begin to brown. Reduce heat to medium and push the pepper mixture to the edges of the pan. Add the ginger and garlic, stirring until fragrant about 30 seconds.
- Return the pork and green beans to the pan, stir to combine with the pepper mixture. Whisk the sauce and pour into the pan.Stirring constantly until the sauce has thickened, about 30 seconds.
- Serve over rice.
ButcherBox Kitchen Team
The ButcherBox Kitchen Team works hard to give you confidence you need to pull off any kitchen endeavor.