Hazelnut romesco sauce has the power to make you feel fancy, even if you’re slogging through the third week of meal prep. It’s all nutty flavor and tang from the sherry vinegar, which means that it can really spice up a typical chicken breast meal. We recommend using our incredible Herb and White Wine Marinated Chicken Breast recipe. Or spoon the hazelnut romesco over some sourdough bread, we won’t tell!
GF Hazelnut Romesco for Meal PrepPrint Pin
- 1 c hazelnuts toasted
- 4 slices gluten free bread toasted
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ c sherry vinegar
- ¼ c extra virgin olive oil
- 1 24 oz jar roasted red peppers drained
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Dry roasted red peppers with paper towels then place on baking sheet and cook for 10 minutes to dry out the peppers a little more. Let the peppers come to room temperature before placing in food processor.
- In a food processor combine hazelnuts, gluten-free bread, garlic clove and roasted red peppers. Puree on high speed for 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides and on low speed add sherry vinegar and extra virgin olive oil. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Portion to serve with Herb and White Wine Marinated Chicken Breast for meal prep.
- This recipe makes more than you will need, use the rest as a great snack with crackers or carrot sticks! Keep any extra romesco in an air tight container and will last for 1 week in refrigerator.