With toasted hazelnuts and roasted red peppers, this romesco brings a bit of unique flavor to all kinds of dishes. Use it as a marinade, try it on a sandwich, or serve it as a spread for crackers and crudités.
- 1 c hazelnuts toasted
- 4 slices gluten free bread toasted
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ c sherry vinegar
- ¼ c extra virgin olive oil
- 1 24 oz jar roasted red peppers drained
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Dry roasted red peppers with paper towels then place on baking sheet and cook for 10 minutes to dry out the peppers a little more. Let the peppers come to room temperature before placing in food processor.
- In a food processor combine hazelnuts, gluten-free bread, garlic clove and roasted red peppers. Puree on high speed for 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides and on low speed add sherry vinegar and extra virgin olive oil. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Portion to serve with Herb and White Wine Marinated Chicken Breast for meal prep.
- This recipe makes more than you will need, use the rest as a great snack with crackers or carrot sticks! Keep any extra romesco in an air tight container and will last for 1 week in refrigerator.