Last Updated on August 26, 2022
With toasted hazelnuts and roasted red peppers, this romesco brings a bit of unique flavor to all kinds of dishes. Use it as a marinade, try it on a sandwich, or serve it as a spread for crackers and crudités.
- 1 c hazelnuts toasted
- 4 slices gluten free bread toasted
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ c sherry vinegar
- ¼ c extra virgin olive oil
- 1 24 oz jar roasted red peppers drained
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Dry roasted red peppers with paper towels then place on baking sheet and cook for 10 minutes to dry out the peppers a little more. Let the peppers come to room temperature before placing in food processor.
- In a food processor combine hazelnuts, gluten-free bread, garlic clove and roasted red peppers. Puree on high speed for 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides and on low speed add sherry vinegar and extra virgin olive oil. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Portion to serve with Herb and White Wine Marinated Chicken Breast for meal prep.
- This recipe makes more than you will need, use the rest as a great snack with crackers or carrot sticks! Keep any extra romesco in an air tight container and will last for 1 week in refrigerator.
Emilie Abijanac is a graduate of New England Culinary Institute with over 20 years of catering experience in Boston. Emilie was the Sous Chef for East Meets West Catering and has worked with Kate’s Table and La Fête. Emilie was also the culinary director of ButcherBox.