Chicken tenders aren’t just for kids anymore. Try our chicken tagine and kale salad recipe—with Mediterranean-inspired flavors fit for adults and kids alike.
Chicken Tagine with Massaged Kale SaladPrint
- 1 pkg ButcherBox Chicken Tenders
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil preferred oil: Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil
Tagine Spice Rub
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 bu kale
- 1½ c beets raw, julienned
- 2 c butternut squash medium dice
- ½ c crumbled goat cheese optional
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil preferred oil: Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil
- 1½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl mix tagine spices together.
- Dredge chicken tenders in spice mix.
- In a hot sauté pan add 1 tablespoon avocado oil. Sear tenders for 3 minutes per side.
- Place seared tenders on a parchment lined baking sheet pan and bake for 15 minutes or until fully cooked.
- In a mixing bowl toss the diced butternut squash with cinnamon, ½ teaspoon kosher salt, ½ teaspoon black pepper and 1 tablespoon avocado oil.
- Place seasoned squash on a parchment lined baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes or until fork tender.
- Wash, dry and remove the rib from the kale leaves.
- Place cleaned kale in a large bowl with the lemon juice, honey, remaining avocado oil, salt and pepper.
- Massage kale with clean or glove covered hands for 2 minutes.
- Toss in beets and room temperature butternut squash.
- Serve with warm or room temperature chicken tagine and crumbled goat cheese.
- The spice rub can be used on any type of chicken and even pork.
- Skip the salad and place the cooked chicken tenders on skewers and serve as an appetizer with the Simple Tzatziki from the Greek Bison Burger recipe.
- Roasted sweet potatoes or cauliflower can be used instead of butternut squash.